Welcome to the Linux Standard Base wiki! This wiki is the internal face of the LSB Project describing what the team is working on. For more general information about the LSB project, please see the LSB Workgroup Home Page.
Please report broken links, or fix them yourself if obvious how. Important note: When you edit this page, you agree to release your contribution into the public domain. If you don't want this or can't do this because of license restrictions, please don't add such content.
Most Recent Activities
- New LSB
- LSB Plenary 2014.
- LSB F2F Spring 2012.
- Information about the 2011 LSB Infrastructure Recovery.
- problem_db2 wiki and web system (auth required to add entries to the latter) (problem_db2 flat file is updated on the ftp site by a cron job).
- Issues emerging as distributions evolve
- LSB 5.0 Related (5.0 is in the planning stages):
- LSB 4.1 Related (4.1 is released!):
- LSB 4.0 Related (4.0 is released):
- LSB 3.2 Related (3.2 is released)
- Meeting notes: Weekly Conference Call Minutes (through Sept 7 2011), LSB F2F Spring 2011, held at Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit 2011, LSB F2F Spring 2010, held at LF Collab Summit 2010, LF Collaboration Summit 2009, LF Summit 2008, LSB F2F November 2007
- Mailing Lists:
- FAQ on developing LSB apps
- RepositoryInfo: Setting up package repos to make it easy for end users to install LSB software.
- SpecificationGroup: LSB written specification. Project also includes SpecDatabase
- ToolsGroup: Build Tools, Sample Implementation (no longer supported), Application Battery
- Infrastructure: LSB Puppet, Dual-arch build chroots
- TestGroup: Core test, VSW4/XTS5, C++ test, Desktop tests, Printing test, Perl/Python tests, test harnesses
- LSB Processes: How to do what we do.
- ReleaseChecklist: what needs to happen for an LSB release?
- TodoList: rolling list of non-product tasks
- NewbieGuide: getting started with contributing to the Specification
- LsbArch: autobuild/autotest hdw / VM details
- Unofficial testing results and analysis: start here if you're having trouble understanding some test results:
- Distribution Testing: Blog by Jeff Licquia - good distribution testing overview
- DTK Manager Getting Started: How to install and run LSB 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0 distribution tests with the help of DTK Manager
- Platform_Tests: How to install and run the LSB 3.1 tests manually
- See TestGroup for instructions and other notes on running the platform tests
- The Application Battery
- LSB Runtime Test FAQ
- Browse the LSB database, and see some statistics from the LSB database
- RpmExamples: learn how to build a conforming package using rpmbuild
- LSB:devel_FAQ: FAQ on building LSB apps
- Linux Application Checker Getting Started: How to check an application for LSB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0 and 4.1 compliance with the help of Linux Application Checker
- HeaderCheck: Proposal for a new runtime test tool to extend lsblibchk test coverage
- MultiVersion: how implementations support multiple versions
- MultiArch: how implementations support multiple architectures
- LsbInstall, LsbinstallProblems: discussion on the proposed `lsbinstall` command (inactive)
- appchk-glue: Proposal for inclusion/integration of tool to analyse entire built applicaitons
- Exploratory: LsbJava, LsbPython, LsbPerl, EmbeddedModule: what should these look like?
- LsbInterpretedLanguage: Tracking Perl, Python, etc.
- WheresMyLibrary: various libraries and what the status is
- RoadMap: evolving list of things to think about for future releases
- NewGlibc: information on differences between LSB 3 and glibc 2.4
- GnomePlan3: Plan for adding Gtk+ libraries to the LSB (phase 1 done in 3.1)
- TestSuiteExpansion: possibilities for increasing LSB 3 and later runtime test coverage
- Slides from IBM on ChipHopper.
- AtSpi LSB: Plan for adding AtSpi client libraries to the LSB.
- ISO: Discussions about the LSB ISO process and future directions.
- Old_Mailing_Lists: pre-January2006 mailing list archives
- IsoBallot, SingaporeMeeting: Details about ISO ballot DIS 23360 (which started life as LSB 2.0.1)
- Project plans for LSB releases: LSB 3.2, LSB 3.1, LSB 3.0 LSB 2.2, LSB 2.1
- F2F Meeting notes: Dec 04, Mar 05, Jun 05, Dec 05, Plenary Aug 05, Jun 06, Nov 07
- Futures: tracks requests for features not yet in the LSB
- DesktopWG : LSB Desktop, looking at requirements for client applications
- Application Checker Enhancements: Obsolete (pre WebUI) Application Checker enhancements
Interesting starting points: