The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not be interpreted as official or definitive TAB or The Linux Foundation policy. While efforts are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret we cannot guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions, please contact tech-board at lists.linux-foundation.org
Ready to go. Jim is currently finalizing the contract and securing more funding.
Jim promised more diligent minute taking. James will dig out backlog and offer to the LF for publication.
The lawyers say it is needed to get employer of interested party to sign off patent agreements as one-off's as USB SIG wants patent sign off.
Discussion followed whether the LF NDA agreement covers such a case. Follow-up will be done next week to find way that does not involve individual's employers.
Currently the PCI SIG board is perusing a contract Andy wrote on their request to allow LF participants access to PCI specification.
After a long quiet period Marvel sent James a prototype board, accompanied by a company-NDA. James asked Marvel to participate in the LF NDA program. So far no response by them. Dan offered to contact Marvel LF rep for help, if needed.
Please register if you are attending!
Tere will be a revamp of the Top-10 list, including the request for people to work on them.
The virtualization group will hold a mini-summit in Austin. Filesystem and storage will meet end of February in the bay area, and won't meet again in Austin.
There is still room available if any ad-hoc meetings are planned.
OSAPA will help with funding for documentation writing, and hopes to get help with tagging in return. Everybody on the call happy with the proposal by USPTO.
Not a lot happened. The LF is on budget. James will chair the newly revamped IP/law committee. HP handed over the FOSS-Bazaar website over to the LF, as well as running the ASP part of the license/code checker.
Dan presented first ideas of the hardware certification program. On the next call will be a deeper dive with more information, Dan warned the TAB that the LF will ask for input and feedback.
The TAB meeting will be moved to 1st Friday in the month (next meeting is 7th of March). It will take place also the week prior to the collaboration summit.
Just to remind everyone, the next meeting is 7 March 2008 at
10:00 PST / 11:00 MST / 12:00 CST / 13:00 EST / 19:00 CET