Linux Foundation Wiki

project collaboration site

User Tools

Site Tools


tab:minutes:august_3_2007

minutes/august_3_2007

Contents

TAB Meeting, August 3, 2007

The minutes of TAB meetings are provided for informational purposes only. Discussions and decisions described in the minutes should not be interpreted as official or definitive TAB or The Linux Foundation policy. While efforts are made to ensure their accuracy and completeness, we regret we cannot guarantee that they are. If you have corrections or additions, please contact tech-board at lists.linux-foundation.org

Agenda

  • OSAPA is looking for technical people (preferably with a patent

interest or background) to attend the OSAPA and tagging workshop in Austin during the week of 17 September Amanda would like to explain in more detail what they want (and possibly ask for volunteers).

  • LF Fellowship Tech Writer status. Hopefully we should have a

report from Rob, so we can review it any discuss progress.

  • Portland Linux Conference - discussion lead by Greg
  • NDA Programme. Probably just noting that Adaptec finally

coughed up the aic7xxx/aic79xx docs under this, so we can count it as quite a success.

  • PCI SIG membership status
  • Any update on the USB sig? - Greg
  • Any other business.

Attendees

  • James Bottomley
  • Dan Kohn
  • Arjan van de Ven
  • Randy Dunlap
  • Jim Zemlin
  • Andy Updegrove
  • Greg Kroah-Hartman
  • Christoph Lameter
  • Markus Rex

Minutes

OSAPA event

Andy described OSAPA initiative and OSDL's previous support for it. OSAPA currently stalled, needs to get moving again. Meeting in May was good step. Next meeting is “tagging” workshop and to get 4 patent applications to get discussed. LF was asked to help find kernel volunteers. Challenge is the translation between patent application and kernel code, how is this handled? Goal is to create a database with references. James and Christoph voiced their interest.

kernel documentation project

General unhappiness with performance of contractor. Current model not working. Existing SOW (sent by Jim) not detailed enough to have good handle. TAB will define objectives for next 3 months, biweekly status calls will be set up and the “personality”-issue will be explained to him. Review whether changes happened in September. James and Randy are contact points on TAB.

conference in portland

Review of material Greg sent out. LF generally supportive, willing to provide help with upfront money, provided the whole event is revenue-neutral and the LF gets the money back. Constructive working together between conference organizers and LF staff is required, or support cannot be given.

NDA program

Adaptec finally comes around. LF to follow up on mail from James on DVB devices to help with vendor. This help works best if direct contact person is provided to LF, otherwise chances of success much smaller and more time consuming. LF to provide NDA program files on website. LF asked to create link to device driver program from Greg.

PCI SIG

3k membership by LF is ok. Dan to follow up with TAB.

USB

Greg still in doubt on viability of membership

Election

At kernel summit reelect members. James will drive this and also send announcement to LKML.

TAB website

Go ahead with the move of the TAB pages at OSDL to media-wiki.

tab/minutes/august_3_2007.txt · Last modified: 2016/07/19 01:21 (external edit)