The Linux Foundation provides neutral collaboration forums so companies and individuals can work together to solve the challanges facing the Linux platform. Whether you're a Linux Foundation member, developer, independent software vendor, government organization or end user, The Linux Foundation offers services and forums for collaboration. You can have your voice heard through one of the Linux Foundation's offerings or events.
The Linux Foundation Advisory Councils:
The Linux Foundation advisory councils provide forums for end users and member vendors to discuss shared issues, collaborate on projects of common interest and direct resources in support of the development community. The councils meet separately and jointly to accomplish their shared goals.
- The User Advisory Council helps end users can get their concerns and requests heard by the Linux community.
- The Vendor Advisory Council facilitates collaboration among vendor membership at The Linux Foundation.
- The Technical Advisory Board (TAB) provides the Linux kernel community a direct voice into the LF’s activities and fosters bi-directional interaction with application developers, end users, and Linux companies. Plans call for the Tab to evolve into a broader Developer Advisory Council in the future.
The Linux Foundation Workgroups:
The Linux Foundation hosts workgroups where technical resources can come together to solve key problems facing Linux. LF Workgroups are open to all who wish to participate in improving Linux platforms in areas such as desktop interfaces, accessibility, printing, application packaging, and many others.
The Linux Foundation Programs:
Among its many programs, The Linux Foundation
- Hosts collaboration events among Linux technical community, application developers, industry, and end users to foster innovation and act as a catalyst in the development of the open source software ecosystem.
- Manages the Technical Fellowships Fund to ensure key projects required for Linux' success get accomplished.
- Promotes Linux regionally, including Linux Foundation Japan
- Manages a Linux hardware lending library and NDA program to enable better device support