From The Linux Foundation
Revision as of 14:33, 8 January 2008 by Ptbrunet
Agenda for 2008/01/08
- Introductions if needed
- Prior minutes
- Corrections? Approval?
- LF: Open A11y news - Janina
- CSUN 2008
- Discussion? Preparation?
- Calvin Gaisford from Novell opened several bugs into the LF bugzilla. Please review them and add comments.
- IA2 version 2 text attributes specification
- There was some discussion with Aaron last November about converging this spec and the FF3 implementation. I will document the current status for the Jan 15 meeting.
- IA2 object attributes
- In December I gathered up all the usages of IA2::atributes. I will document the current status for the Jan 15 meeting.
- Two items to be transferred to the parent Open A11y committee
- Objects contained in documents and tables - from Mick Curran
- Access to document revisions - from the ODF AccSC
- Sent request to Janina that these items be on the agenda for a future open a11y call. See items 4 and 5 in the October 2nd minutes for the history.
- Addition of IAText::defaultAttributes - raised by Aaron
- This is being deferred until Aaron can talk to the ATVs, most likely after the FF3 work is done.
- For the history refer to agenda item 7 from the October 2nd agenda.
- There was an agenda item for releasing earlier IBM work on Python wrappers but unless there is need this will not be pursued. The time involved to shepherd this through the IBM approval process to release this under a BSD license is currently not justifiable.
- Inspect tool - Mike Squillace
- Firefox - Aaron Leventhal
No progress on the following
- Move latest frozen 3/16/2007 1.0 IDL to BZR
- Documentation of memory management issues for [out] parameters - the following need to be understood and documented.
- Here is a rough first draft:
- BSTRs need to be SysFreeString'd at end of life; ditto for when they are in structs or arrays.
- COM interfaces need to be AddRef'd when used and Release'd at end of life.
- Single longs, HWNDs, booleans, and structs are allocated by the caller and passed by reference. The marshaller does all the memory management. (I don't believe there are any structs with BSTRs or interface pointers.)
- Arrays of longs - the server allocates the top level array and anything it points to; nothing needs to be free'd by the client. The marshalling code handles freeing anything on the client side.
- TBD: How are VARIANTs handled? Like interfaces? These methods return VARIANTs: IAHyperlink::anchor/anchorTarget, IAValue::current/maximum/minimumValue
- TBD: Are arrays of IUnknowns, e.g. IARelation::targets, correctly specified as **IUnknown?
- This Don Box article can be used for understanding: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1196/activex1196.aspx
- Here is a rough first draft:
- Please contribute and/or review the article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAccessible2
- Developer Guide
- No new status on when it will be back in the SDK.
- BZR patch submission process
- Enter defects into Bugzilla
- What else needs to be discussed?
- What IA2 information do you need?
- What IA2 issues need resolution soon? Target date?
- What would you like to see done?