The LSB Project makes extensive use of Internet Relay Chat - IRC - for live discussions, and direct access to most of the developers. Certain meetings will have a concurrent IRC chat for posting links and notes, and so people not on calls can participate.
The primary channels used are:
- irc://irc.freenode.net/#lsb - the main LSB discussion area. Logs are kept.
- irc://irc.freenode.net/#lsb-meeting - separate channel for meeting info. Logs are kept, as well as meeting notes; see below for information on how these are kept.
How not to miss IRC conversations
The Workgroup currently uses 2 "bots".
lsb_bb - IRC control for buildbot (see buildbot website). Used by the workgroup to trigger builds as we're fixing bugs, updating packages. Reports status on scheduled builds in the channel.
To get help:
- /msg lsb_bb help commands
lsbbot - All other bot services. It is a stock supybot/meetbot build.
Logs and meeting minutes are currently uploaded to: http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/
There are 2 non-stock aliases defined to access the 2 bugzilla's used by the LF:
- !lsbbugs - accesses http://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org - main LSB bugzilla
- !fhsbugs - accesses http://bugs.linuxfoundation.org - FHS and compliance projects bugzilla (also shared with other workgroups)
To get help:
- /msg lsbbot help
- list - lists active modules
- list <module> lists module commands
Also see http://supybook.fealdia.org/devel/ and https://gitorious.org/supybot/supybot/blobs/a8d2e35fb11440e845b0ab6b9f40abe9c23a49ea/docs/GETTING_STARTED.rst for additional documentation.