Linux Foundation Wiki

project collaboration site

User Tools

Site Tools


civilinfrastructureplatform:tsc-meetings:tsc_mm_aug072017

CIP Technical Steering Committee Meeting

Date: 7 August, 2017

Roll Call

  • Agustin Benito Bethencourt (Codethink)
  • Laura (Linux Foundation)
  • Hidehito Kawai (Hitachi)
  • Nori Fukuyasu (Linux Foundation)
  • Annie Fisher (Linux Foundation)
  • Hiroshi Mine (Hitachi)
  • Masato Minda (Plat’Home)
  • Takehisa Katayama (Renesas)
  • Chris Paterson (Renesas)
  • Daniel Wagner (Siemens)
  • Wolfgang Mauerer (Siemens)
  • Jan Kiszka (Siemens)
  • Yoshi Kobayashi (Toshiba)
  • Daniel Sangorrin (Toshiba)

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Action items
  • Topic prioritization
  • Updates and Discussions

Updates and Discussions

DebConf now

  • We had a booth at DebConf Job Fair, yesterday.

Project X

  • Milestones
    • Deby board support [ONGOING]
    • ISAR board support [TODO]
    • Integrate with B@D CI [ONGOING]
  • Deby support status
    • Renesas iwg20m: builds and boots correctly [OK]
      • U-boot support [OK]
      • KAS support [ONGOING]
    • QEMU x86-64: builds and boots correctly [OK]
      • KAS support [OK]
    • BBB: builds and boots but no login prompt [ONGOING]
      • KAS support [TODO]
    • Cyclone V: waiting for kernel/u-boot repository [TODO]
      • U-boot support [TODO]
      • KAS support [TODO]
  • B@D CI integration status
    • Installation behind proxy [ONGOING]
      • LAVA [OK]
      • QEMU health check [OK]
      • BBB health check [TODO]
      • KernelCI support [ONGOING]
    • Support for iwg20m [TODO]

Real-time Linux Project

RTL member F2F meeting

  • Due to room capacity, only one representative can attend it. Yoshi confirmed.
  • Dinner is open for additional one or two members from CIP. Anyone?
    • Oct 23rd (mon), the Day 1 of ELCE.
    • Jan will ask if Daniel W. would like to join.
    • Katayama-san would like to join.

Board for CI-RT

  • No update. Because, Thomas and Anna-Maria is not available till 8th August.
  • Renesas has shipped out the board to the board member companies already.

Kernel Maintenance

Recent update:

  • Working on the next kernel update
  • Problems with gitlab.com mirrors. They are not very reliable. It requires human intervention.

Weeks 28 to 30 report:

  • Kernel features provided by Members reviewed.
  • Renesas backported patches being reviewed and merged
  • Maintenance Summary:
  1. Follow LTS cycle: Merging LTS patches to CIP kernels every month aprox.
  2. Adding Kernel Features: Adding configurations sent to Ben has been reviewed and merged.
  3. Renesas Board Support: Chris has sent out some patches and Ben revied and applied those. Renesas will send everything they would need to the upstream before merging them into the CIP Kernel, if possible.
  • ToDo: set up on building time warnings for unsecure/unsupported configs
  • ToDo: before the 4.4 lts period ends, map supported config symbols to supported files/directories so that upstream fixes to unsupported parts of the kernel can be ignored when backporting fixes to 4.4-cip

CIP Testing

Board @ Desk

Recent update:

  • LAVA update in progress. B@D dev version (deployed through Vagrant) not working until the update is finished. Stable version (provisioned box) works.
  • Data flow diagram (high level - level 0)draft sent to the cip-dev mailing list.
  • As usual, daily cip kernel on BBB sent to cip-testing-results mailing list
  • Providing support to Members who are trying to install B@D with Vagrant..

Report weeks 28 to 30:

  • B@D on windows works and has been documented.
  • Focused now in the first feature required for Action 2. Add mailing capabilities to B@D to send reports to the mailing list.
  • If someone from Japan/Asia would like to join the weekly Testing call, reach out to Agustin
  • Testing roadmap: high level roadmap.
    • Action1: Near completion with B@D for Windows
    • Action 2: Will have better idea in a couple of weeks. The following tasks has been created already.

ELCE preparation

  • ELCE proposals now under review.
  • 6 tickets plus one additional ticket are available.
    • One for each member company + Ben.
  • Activities
    • Workshop activities: ToDo: Agustin to set up a wiki page
      • B@D 101 if Robert Marshall can attend.
      • Kernel maintenance overview by Ben Hutchings.
      • Meeting kernel maintenance (Daniel + Ben H. + testers).
    • ELCE booth
      • B@D demo if Robert Marshall can attend.
    • Y2038 Q&A
      • Invite Arnd Bergmann. ToDo Agustin to invite him.

Next conference call

  • 7th of August, 2017 (regular conference call)
    • Marketing Committee Meeting need to be scheduled after the call.
civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_aug072017.txt · Last modified: 2017/10/30 07:38 by yoshi