User Tools

Site Tools


CIP Technical Steering Committee Meeting

Date: 17 April, 2017

Roll Call

  • Noriaki Fukuyasu (The Linux Foundation)
  • Annie Fisher (The Linux Foundation)
  • Hiroshi Mine (Hitachi)
  • Hidehiro Kawai (Hitachi)
  • Takehisa Katayama (Renesas)
  • Yoshi Kobayashi (Toshiba)
  • Daniel Sangorrin (Toshiba)
  • Agustin Benito Bethencourt (Codethink)
  • Masato Minda (Plat’Home)


  • Roll Call
  • Updates and Discussions
    • Whitepaper Status
    • OSSJ preparation
    • Preparation for CIP workshop on 30th May
    • DebConf
    • Board @desk - Single dev. first release
    • ProjectX

Updates and Discussions

White Paper Status

  • Wolfgang has finished to write a short version (4 pages instead of 7).
    • All processes were also finished.
    • Version for print will be provided on Tue after easter holidays
    • Nori’s staff will provide a Japanese translation for OSSJ
  • AI: Publish it. When: It will take around a week after the print-ready version of the whitepaper.
  • AI: Blog post and Twitter promotion on Whitepapers. Nori will ask Wolfgang to write up something for the blog post.

OSSJ preparation

  • Booth and demo preparation.
    • Call for Demo
      • Requirements: All Demo should run with CIP kernel.
      • (minmin) I will prepare the IoT demo. But if I don't have enough time, it will be same as ELC Portland.
      • (Toshiba) asking to have a same demo (PP simulator with CIP kernel)
      • Codethink will try to somehow demo the cip kernel being tested.
      • AI(ALL): Propose ideas for demo booth.
  • (Wolfgang) We should announce the CIP member talks on our public channels (blog, twitter etc.), AFAIK, Yoshi and Wolfgang will give talks related to CIP topics. Anyone else?
    • AI(LF): Tweet on CIP speeches and demo showcase.

Preparation for CIP meeting on 30th May

  • Place: Tokyo Conference Center Ariake
  • Schedule
    • 9:00-11:00 Board member meeting
    • 11:00-17:00 TSC meeting (CIP workshop)
    • 17:00-18:00 CIP Booth setup


  • (AI: Yoshi) Submit a talk to Debconf (Deadline: 3rd June)

CIP Kernel Development

Board @ Desk status


  • Koguchi-san already provided the Kernel recipe for BBB and Cyclone-V
  • Now, Project X works on x86_64, BBB, Altera Cyclone-V.
    • But it includes limited features, like a template.
  • What’s next?
    • Have a rootfs for testing?
    • Create a Debian’s binary based rootfs?

Back to the parent page

civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_apr172017.txt · Last modified: 2017/04/20 01:04 by hkawai