Linux Foundation Wiki

project collaboration site

User Tools

Site Tools


chaoss:metrics:minutes:2017-11-07-meeting

Meeting Minutes 2017-11-07

Start: 1pm CT; End: 2pm CT.

Attendees on Call

  • Andrea
  • Armstrong
  • Ben Lloyd Pearson
  • Brian Proffit
  • Daniel Izquierdo
  • Georg Link
  • Jason T. Clark
  • Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona
  • Kate Stewart
  • Kevin Lumbard
  • Matt Germonprez
  • Mel Llaguno
  • Michael Downey
  • Ray Paik
  • Sean Goggins
  • Thanh Ha
  • Vicky Janicki

IRC Meeting Minutes

#chaoss-community: Monthly Metrics Call

Meeting started by GeorgLink at 19:00:54 UTC. The full logs are below in Section IRC Log.

Meeting summary

  • Agenda (GeorgLink, 19:02:37)
    • 1) Overview and updates from OS Summit Europe
    • 2) Code of Conduct
    • 3) D&I, GMD, and new Value metrics: PRs and Leads?
    • 4) Metrics repo updates and changes
    • 5) Upcoming conferences?
    • 6) Code committee updates?
    • 7) Other?
  • 1) Overview and updates from OS Summit Europe (GeorgLink, 19:08:30)
  • 2) Code of Conduct
    • AGREED: Georg will invite to a working group across both committees to work on code of conduct (GeorgLink, 19:25:29)
  • 3) D&I, GMD, and new Value metrics: PRs and Leads?
  • 4) Metrics repo updates and changes (GeorgLink, 19:37:37)
    • AGREED: release metrics before leadership summit (GeorgLink, 19:41:51)
    • IDEA: write a white paper that demonstrates use of released metrics in practice (GeorgLink, 19:42:08)
    • IDEA: have a stable and development branch (GeorgLink, 19:42:23)
  • 5) Upcoming conferences? (GeorgLink, 19:43:29)
  • 6) Code committee updates? (GeorgLink, 19:52:54)

Meeting ended at 20:14:06 UTC.

People present (lines said)

  • GeorgLink (32)
  • collabot (3)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 (modified by GeorgLink)

IRC Log

19:00:54 <GeorgLink> #startmeeting Monthly Metrics Call
19:00:54 <collabot> Meeting started Tue Nov  7 19:00:54 2017 UTC.  The chair is GeorgLink. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:54 <collabot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:54 <collabot> The meeting name has been set to 'monthly_metrics_call'
19:02:37 <GeorgLink> #topic Agenda
19:03:18 <GeorgLink> The agenda for today:
19:03:19 <GeorgLink> 1) Overview and updates from OS Summit Europe
19:03:19 <GeorgLink> 2) Code of Conduct
19:03:19 <GeorgLink> 3) D&I, GMD, and new Value metrics: PRs and Leads?
19:03:19 <GeorgLink> 4) Metrics repo updates and changes
19:03:19 <GeorgLink> 5) Upcoming conferences?
19:03:21 <GeorgLink> 6) Code committee updates?
19:03:23 <GeorgLink> 7) Other?
19:08:30 <GeorgLink> #topic 1) Overview and updates from OS Summit Europe
19:20:26 <GeorgLink> 2) Code of Conduct
19:25:29 <GeorgLink> #agreed Georg will invite to a working group across both committees to work on code of conduct
19:25:44 <GeorgLink> 3) D&I, GMD, and new Value metrics: PRs and Leads?
19:30:13 <GeorgLink> #link https://github.com/chaoss/metrics/pull/30
19:30:49 <GeorgLink> #link https://github.com/chaoss/metrics/pull/31
19:37:37 <GeorgLink> #topic 4) Metrics repo updates and changes
19:41:51 <GeorgLink> #agreed release metrics before leadership summit
19:42:08 <GeorgLink> #idea write a white paper that demonstrates use of released metrics in practice
19:42:23 <GeorgLink> #idea: have a stable and development branch
19:43:29 <GeorgLink> #topic 5) Upcoming conferences?
19:44:03 <GeorgLink> Open Collaboration Summit
19:44:32 <GeorgLink> #idea look at member foundations and their conference schedules
19:45:13 <GeorgLink> FOSDEM
19:48:50 <GeorgLink> #info FOSDEM devroom Submission deadline is 27 November 2017 and accepted speakers will be notified by 11 December 2017
19:49:23 <GeorgLink> #link https://hawthornlandings.org/2017/10/13/community-devroom-at-fosdem-2018/
19:49:31 <GeorgLink> #link https://fosdem.org/2018/
19:50:55 <GeorgLink> other conferences
19:50:58 <GeorgLink> SCALE in L.A.
19:51:07 <GeorgLink> OSCON
19:52:54 <GeorgLink> #topic 6) Code committee updates?
20:14:06 <GeorgLink> #endmeeting
chaoss/metrics/minutes/2017-11-07-meeting.txt · Last modified: 2017/11/08 00:32 by GeorgLink