The Linux Foundation provides a neutral collaboration forum so individuals can work together to solve the challanges facing the Linux platform. Whether you're an developer, independent software vendor, government organization or end user, the Linux Foundation offers services and forums for collaboration. You can have your voice heard through one of the Linux Foundation's offerings or events.
The Linux Foundation:
- Hosts collaboration events among Linux technical community, application developers, industry, and end users to foster innovation and act as a catalyst in the development of the open source software ecosystem.
- Sponsors the Linux Foundation User Advisory Council so end users can get their concerns and requests heard by the Linux community.
- Sponsors Technical Fellowships Fund to ensure key projects required for Linux' success get accomplished.
- Hosts workgroups where technical resources can come together to solve key problems facing Linux such as desktop interfaces, accessibility, printing, application packaging, and many others.
- Sponsors the Technical Advisory Board to provide the Linux kernel community a direct voice into the LF’s activities and to foster bi-directional interaction with application developers, end users, and Linux companies
- Promotes Linux regionally, including Linux Foundation Japan
- Manages a Linux hardware lending library and NDA program to enable better device support