From The Linux Foundation
Revision as of 04:32, 21 January 2009 by Ptbrunet
IAccessible2 SIG Conference Call Minutes 2009/01/20
- Regrets: none
- Attendees: Andres Gonzalez, Pete Brunet, Mick Curran, Jamie Teh, Mike Squillace
- Prior meeting minutes - approved
- Will keep it in Eclipse, rather than moving it to the LF.
- 0.4.3 in progress; working on caret tracking; targeting end of February
- Mike will present AccProbe at EclipseCon in March
- JT: Eclipse already supports ATK and Mac and MSAA so IA2 should be supported as an integral part of Eclipse like the other support. We want support for IAccessibleText
- MS: I want support for IAText, IATable, and StyledText
- Work is being done on text attributes, QueryService, and a caret offset bug
- IA2 as a LF standard
- Need to clearly communicate what is happening if v1.0.2 is tweaked, even if it is just an update to the commentary.
- The LF BoD has not yet addressed the spec which was sent to the BoD by the parent Open A11y group.
- Since our submission to the BoD there has been a request from Microsoft to add trademark attribution.
- There are some things that we can include in the set of changes that would update 1.0.2
- The trademark attribution
- QS between IAccessible and any of the IA2 interfaces; QS between IAApplication and any of the other IA2 interfaces; QI between any of the IA2 interfaces (except IAApplication).
- Use the following Service IDs on QS, IID_IAccessible for IAccessible, IID_IAccessible2 for the IA2 interfaces (except IAApplication), and IID_IAccessibleApplication for IAApplication.
- This use of QS/QI was agreed to during the meeting.
- Document the case of text represented as a hierarchy of text objects. (This is common in Firefox.)
- The text in the agenda was approved during the meeting but it was requested that the changes be published so the text can be viewed in its full context.
- Document that the flows from/to relation is helpful to tie text and non-text document objects together.
- Post meeting question (posted to the list): Why is this helpful in OpenOffice and Symphony, but not an issue for Firefox?
- Add note deprecating EditBar. (It was agreed that this role can be deprecated.)
- Pete needs to publish the new IDL so the review will be easier.
- Word based boundary fetches
- There have been some off list discussions suggesting that word based fetches from IAText::textAt/Before/AfterOffset should be changed so that the app returns the same thing as when Ctrl left/right arrow is used.
- It was felt this is OK as long as the Ctrl left/right isn't overridden to do something other than navigate between words, such as navigating between cells in a spreadsheet.
- There wasn't a strong desire to continue to discuss IA2 in Win Qt. It will be dropped from the agenda, but can be added upon request.