From The Linux Foundation
Revision as of 04:15, 9 October 2008 by Ptbrunet
IAccessible2 SIG Conference Call Minutes 2008/10/07
- Regrets: none
- Attendees: Pete Brunet, Jamie Teh, Mick Curran
- Prior meeting minutes - approved
- It was felt that the second item in the proposed keyBinding triple is not needed. See the updated commentary in bug 177.
- During the last meeting Jamie pointed out that for each role, it should be documented what implementations should do. For example, progress bars should always provide the programmable values as a value from 0 to 100. Currently, for progress bars, when implementing MSAA's get_accValue most apps provide a string from 0% to 100%. However, Trolltech's Qt uses values greater than 100 and doesn't include % in the string.
- Jamie had also suggested documenting use cases for other controls.
- During this meeting it was agreed that the min and max return values are adequate to know the range and that further documentation is not needed.
- However, the need for user consumable values is still needed as documented in bug 182.
- It was felt that IAHyperlink::valid is of no use and should be deprecated.
- Neither NVDA, JAWS, or Window-Eyes use it.
- It will be deprecated via bug 185.
- Jamie has verified that the source IDL in the NVDA BZR system matches with the v1.0.2 IDL on the IA2 site.
- Jamie said that an option to waiting to get the Linux Foundation BZR code updated from Pete's code would be to pull the source from the NVDA BZR tree.
- Proxy DLL
- Jamie sent his RC file to Pete, but Pete has not yet processed it. This is to make sure the correct RC file is provided for bug 110.