From The Linux Foundation
Revision as of 20:08, 4 June 2008 by Ptbrunet
IAccessible2 SIG Conference Call Minutes 2008/06/03
- Regrets: Jamie Teh
- Attendees: Pete Brunet, Mick Curran, Janina Sajka, Mike Squillace, Mick Curran, Marco Zehe
- Last meeting minutes - approved
- AccProbe - Mike Squillace
- 0.4.0 stability issues are being addressed. 0.4.1 will likely be released at the end of the month.
- Mike asks that people use it and open bugs for bugs not in the current list of AccProbe bugs.
- Firefox - Marco Zehe
- RC2 is close to lockdown. This will likely be the final release. 3.0.x will be the next release. The 3.0.x releases will be every 4 to 6 weeks. 3.1 (based on Gecko 1.9.1) is planned for late Fall or early Winter.
- The text attributes patch will likely be in 3.1.
- The IA2 proxy DLL install and registration could be in 3.0.x or 3.1.
- IA2 version 1.0.2 RFC readiness:
- The spec has been posted for review. Please see the links at the top of the IA2 home page.
- Varous lists: IA2, ATK/AT-SPI, NVDA, OpenOffice, and blindprogramming
- AT vendors: Freedom Scientific, GW-Micro, Dolphin, Ai Squared
- Other organizations: AIA, Mozilla, Adobe
- one or more 508 organizations
- one or more non-US 508 like organizations
- Janina will ask Amanda McPherson (from the LF) to review)
- IA2 object attributes
- Jamie asked if Mozilla could enhance their support for the "formating" object attribute, i.e. rename it to "display" and instead of just using the value "block", also use the full set of CSS2 values.
- Mick will write up a bug for FF. The IA2 issue is that Mick doesn't want formatting:block in IA2, but a "display" attribute with CSS2 values.
- Mozilla is implementing IAEditableText on just about everything, e.g. combo box
- After this has been discussed in email Mick indicates that this is no longer an issue.
- IA2::scrollTo - add an enum value not limited to an edge or corner
- IA2_SCROLL_TYPE_ANYWHERE was added. This matches a constant already in use in Mozilla. It was agreed that this new enum should be added and that IA2_SCROLL_TYPE_BUBBLE (scroll object and its container objects) was not needed at this time.
- Old NVDA items
- Last year NVDA raised some issues which really are larger ATK/IA2 issues. These issues were raised via the Open A11y group in January. These should be reopened and discussed with Willie and Li Yuan at a call convenient to the US, China, and Australia.
- Pending further reviews prior to Li Yuan's implementation.
- New interface for OpenOffice for smart tags, spelling errors, and grammar errors.
- Xing Li described how Lotus Symphony uses IAHypertext/link for smart tags. Further discussion is need to see if that will also work for spelling and grammar errors.