From The Linux Foundation
Revision as of 00:28, 24 May 2008 by Ptbrunet
IAccessible2 SIG Conference Call Minutes 2008/05/20
- Regrets: Marco Zehe
- Attendees: Pete Brunet, Jamie Teh, Mike Squillace, Janina Sajka
- Last meeting minutes - approved
- Open A11y News - Janina
- The process to submit IA2 to the Linux-Foundation is a follows: Ask the working group to look at it one more time. Work with Gregory to get the HTML files into shape re workgroup standards, e.g. proper use of logos, any comments regarding licensing or IP Rights, and conformance to Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict. There could be issues with the latter if Doxygen 1.4.6 can't generate that level of compliance. The IDL itself is LGPL but it's possible that a different license would be used for the documentation. Janina is doing research into this and is awaiting a response from the Linux Foundation. After the internal workgroup review and approval at the June 3rd Open A11y call, the spec will be available for world wide review during the month of June. The request for review will be exposed to various industry groups and individuals and on various lists. We need to decide on the announcement list and the text that will be used. Gregory will set up a bugzilla component to log any issues. After the review the spec will go to the Linux Foundation Board of Directors for discussion/approval during their July meeting.
- Regarding later submission to ISO, that's a possibility since the Linux Foundation is a PAS (Publicly Available Specification) submitter, and thus a fast track submitter, but it's not clear the cost/benefit ratio of the ISO process warrants submitting to ISO at the present time. There would be a work effort to get docs into ISO format and that likely takes a consultant/expert. And significant travel and time commitments would be needed.
- AccProbe - Mike Squillace
- 0.4.0 will likely be released this week.
- From Marco after the meeting: We're on RC1, code-frozen, and only expect to get back to fixing bugs after Firefox 3 ships.
- From Marco earlier: 18.104.22.168 would be early Fall (Northern Hemisphere).
- Jamie: The text attributes patch is ready but won't be released until 3.0.0.x. See NVDA's FF dependencies. FF3 has become quite reliable and accessible and usable on a day to day basis.
- IA2 text attributes specification.
- It was agreed to that we wait until there is at least one implementation to ensure it is correct.
- IA2 proxy DLL and the USB key fob problem
- FF3 bug: Need a guideline document written in the wiki and linked to from the IA2 main page.
- The Symphony team will install and register the DLL later this year. Whether they use regsvr32 or CoRegisterClassObject is up to the Symphony team. Either solution will be OK for ATs that run on a USB key fob. However, if it is ever desired that Symphony be a portable application so it too can run off a USB key, CoRegisterClassObject is the only solution. See this post and issue 125 for more info. Would like to know what Symphony's plans are.
- New Business from Jamie
- Mozilla is implementing IAEditableText on just about everything, e.g. combo box
- For IA2::scrollTo it would be nice to have an enum value for IA2SchollType that was not limited to an edge or corner in the case that the AT doesn't care how it's brought on screen. Is a new constant needed?
- There are some more issues that Jamie will document before the next meeting.