S_FALSE - The method succeeded in part. This happens when the method succeeds, but the requested information is not available. For example, Active Accessibility returns S_FALSE if you call IAccessible::accHitTest to retrieve a child object at a given point, and the specified point is not within the object or the object's child.
DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND - The object does not support the requested property or action. For example, a push button returns this value if you request its Value property, since it does not have a Value property.
E_NOTIMPL - The method is not implemented. This value occurs when a client calls a method that is not yet supported in that operating system.
Based on that DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND is the best fit. We can discuss this on the next call.
This was discussed during the larger Open A11y call later in the day. The various thoughts from that meeting and later discussion were:
IAValue should only set/get doubles.
If there is a related string for any controller positions return it via get_accValue (MSAA convention). On Linux use accessible name.
If there is a related text area that changes (like the slider on the Privacy tab of Internet Options) use a controllerFor relation.
It was agreed that if we added a new getter which took an ID and returned an IARelation that the ID should be a BSTR since that's how relations are ID'd in IA2.
If we add this new method the IAccessible2 interface needs to be rev'd, i.e. renamed to IAccessilbe2_2 and using new GUIDs. Pete will query the JAWS and Window-Eyes developers to assess the impact. If the cost is too high then Aaron will live with the current situation.
R0.1 is ready to release. A zip file was sent to Pete and Aaron. A license was sent to Alexander Surkov. An annoucement was sent to the list.
The larger Raven/aDesigner/AccProbe project was accepted as Ecplise project and will be released there later in the year.
Alexander implemented IAApplication and is working on IAText text changes.