From The Linux Foundation
Revision as of 21:32, 29 January 2008 by Ptbrunet
Agenda for 2008/01/29
- Introductions if needed
- Prior minutes
- Corrections? Approval?
- LF: Open A11y news - Janina
- CSUN 2008
- Discussion? Preparation?
- Calvin Gaisford from Novell opened several bugs into the LF bugzilla. Please review them and add comments.
- Based on discussions with Mick Curran I added the following issues to bugzilla for consideration when IA2 is enhanced. Please review and add comments.
- IA2 version 2 text attributes specification
- There was some discussion with Aaron last November about converging this spec and the FF3 implementation. I will document the current status for the next meeting.
- IA2 object attributes
- In December I gathered up all the usages of IA2::atributes. I will document the current status for the next meeting.
- Two items to be transferred to the parent Open A11y committee
- Access to document revisions - from the ODF AccSC
- Objects contained in documents and tables - from Mick Curran
- This work was presented to the parent Open A11y meeting last week. The related discussion was primarily about Collections and wasn't that helpful.
- For access to revisions (and perhaps misspellings) I will try to set up a series of meetings with Malte Timmerman. Please let me know if you are interested in joining.
- For Mick's issue with documents and tables I've done the following:
- Asked the parent group who would like to work on this. I've gotten positive feedback from Bill Haneman and Willie Walker (though Willie needs to evaluate his schedule for when he could start on this and how much time he could devote to it).
- Asked Mick to review the ADoc use cases and write new ones as needed.
- The history for these two issues is at items 4 and 5 in the October 2nd minutes for the history.
- I will no longer log status for these items here as I consider this to be a larger Open A11y work item.
- Inspect tool - Mike Squillace
- Firefox - Aaron Leventhal
No progress on the following
- Move latest frozen 3/16/2007 1.0 IDL to BZR
- Documentation of memory management issues for [out] parameters - the following need to be understood and documented.
- Here is a rough first draft:
- BSTRs need to be SysFreeString'd at end of life; ditto for when they are in structs or arrays.
- COM interfaces need to be AddRef'd when used and Release'd at end of life.
- Single longs, HWNDs, booleans, and structs are allocated by the caller and passed by reference. The marshaller does all the memory management. (I don't believe there are any structs with BSTRs or interface pointers.)
- Arrays of longs - the server allocates the top level array and anything it points to; nothing needs to be free'd by the client. The marshalling code handles freeing anything on the client side.
- TBD: How are VARIANTs handled? Like interfaces? These methods return VARIANTs: IAHyperlink::anchor/anchorTarget, IAValue::current/maximum/minimumValue
- TBD: Are arrays of IUnknowns, e.g. IARelation::targets, correctly specified as **IUnknown?
- This Don Box article can be used for understanding: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1196/activex1196.aspx
- Here is a rough first draft:
- Please contribute and/or review the article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAccessible2
- Developer Guide
- No new status on when it will be back in the SDK.
- BZR patch submission process
- Enter defects into Bugzilla
- What else needs to be discussed?
- What IA2 information do you need?
- What IA2 issues need resolution soon? Target date?
- What would you like to see done?