The Linux Foundation

 
Accessibility/Handlers/Meetings/Minutes20080121.html

From The Linux Foundation

Revision as of 01:43, 22 January 2008 by Oedipus (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ←Older revision | view current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)

Contents

Open A11y Expert Handlers SIG Conference Call 2008/01/21

Attendance

  • Neil Soiffer (NS/chair)
    • Pete Brunet (PB)
    • Vladmir Bulatov (VB)
    • Gregory J. Rosmaita (GJR/scribe)
    • Janina Sajka (JS)
    • Neil Soiffer (NS)
      • regrets: none yet logged

Agenda Review

Approval of Last Meeting's Minutes


Minutes of Expert Handlers Conference Call 2008/01/21

Note: These minutes have not yet been finalized!

Finalizing the Unified Use Cases and Flow of Control Draft

For Reference:


Footnotes and Internal Links

NS: want to stress that we are dealing with expert handlers - for generalized markup, this is what the AT may do:

GJR: what about preceding the note with something along the lines: "For specialized markup, the level of granularity depends upon the particular content, so an AT doesn't know the correct query to make to inform the user "Where Am I?". Therefore, a summary of expression and values, is content-dependent in terms of context of expression and value. Since an AT doesn't know what to do when the user is interacting with specialized knowledge domain markup, the expert handler enables the AT to present meaningful, useable and configurable content, context, and extended information."

NS: add something about subsets -- bar of music, stanza, etc.

ACTION GJR: post revised note 2 to list


Universal Use Cases

GJR: is everyone ok with their addition?

(scribe's note: GJR & NS wordsmith last sentence of "Document Summary")

JS: i like the results

GJR: other comments?


Braille and Tactile Conversion Use Case

replaced Vladmir's old verbiage with the new verbiage VB proposed on-list


Alternate Input Use Cases

GJR: where to put Janina's proposed alternate input section?

NS: between speech and navigation?

GJR to do list:

  • add link for GOK (gok.ca)
  • add link to Dasher

GJR: eyetracker would be good to mention

JS: yes

ACTION GJR: propose one on list (EyeGaze?)

NS: let's re-read the new draft with an eye/ear to what more do we need to say that is pertinent/important to Expert Handlers?



Timeline: Bringing the Unified Use Cases Draft to the main A11y Workgroup

GJR: earliest opportunity to take the document to the main Open A11y call is 5 February 2008

JS: future of document?

GJR: want to ultimately make a stable XHTML 1.0 Strict document out of finalized wiki draft

NS: will be of use at CSUN2008 -- hoping to have plenty of discussions on expert handlers

GJR: have Open A11y's 2 CSUN presentations in a11yweb space as XHTML and plain text

NS: want to begin to circulate to vendors and have something to point to at CSUN







[Article] [Discussion] [View source] [History]