Minutes Jan 5 2011
Jeff Licquia (LF), Stew Benedict (LF), Robert Schweikert (Novell), Mats Wichmann (Intel), Kay Tate (Novell)
- LSB 4.1 status
Jeff: May have some new issues re: 4.1 that have come up recently. Bug triage session tomorrow at 9:00AM Eastern in IRC tomorrow.
Jeff: Any progress on the issues we talked about last time? I think we were missing a man page, and some ptrace issues.
Mats: What was the ptrace issue?
Jeff: We had some symbols that were missing on some architectures
Mats: Think we fixed that by dropping those symbols, although I'm still seeing them in the headers
Jeff: So we may need to re-look at that
Jeff: Other issues: pie executables, tls. Don't think anything has changed there.
Jeff: Also talked about some pthread stuff and deprecating some perl modules.
Stew: There are some new perl modules that we should probably drop, exposed by new module presence test.
Jeff: We have a couple of new issues. We were talking in irc about an issue with OpenGL, which is sort of stuck at 1.2 or so, but our headers have defines for versions 1.4 or higher.
Jeff: I think then we have a couple of things we want to do, and we may find some other things in the bug triage tomorrow that are new that we may want to push into 4.1 before the RC.
Jeff: We also have some more certifications in process.
Jeff: Also working through changes in our web pages. Have a proposal I'm sending to management to try to pull things together.
Jeff: Will have a number of certs appearing, technical work is done, waiting on fee payment.
Jeff: Any questions, concerns anyone wants to talk about?
Mats: So we don't really have a date?
Jeff: I don't think we're ready to declare a date until we get a handle on what's open
Mats: A date to declare a date?
Jeff: How about Friday?
End of call