From The Linux Foundation
IAccessible2 SIG Conference Call Minutes 2008/10/14
- Regrets: none
- Attendees: Pete Brunet, Mick Curran, Mike Squillace, Gregory Rosmaita, Janina Sajka, Neil Soiffer
- Prior meeting minutes - approval deferred
- IA2 vote of approval by the LF Open A11y parent WG
- The vote at the Open A11y WG meeting was 11 yes, 0 no, 1 abstention (due to not reviewing the documents)
- Thanks for all the individuals and organizations who participated in the contributions, reviews, and implementations!
- Key participants did not attend. We will try again in two weeks, i.e. 28 October 8 PM UTC (10 PM Germany, 4 PM EDT, 3 PM CDT, 1 PM PDT, 7 AM Melbourne, 6 AM Brisbane).
- To make progress we need at least the following in attendance: Pete Brunet, Peter Korn, Neil Soiffer, Aaron Leventhal, Gregory Rosmaita, Janina Sajka, Mick Curran, and Jamie Teh. Bill Haneman, Willie Walker, and Vladimir Bulatov should also be invited.
- A similar proposal was discussed in the GNOME community 8 or 9 years ago and at that time Bill Haneman argued against the idea and Willie Walker and Aaron Leventhal argued for it.
- AccProbe inspect tool
- Bug activity is needed to ensure Eclipse doesn't remove AccProbe
- What is the backup plan if that happens? Would it make sense to move it to LF? It would have to be relicensed from EPL, but since IBM has been the only contributor that is probably possible.
- CSUN - Post meeting
- We'll submit one or more proposals to have a panel at CSUN. The following topics are currently proposed:
- A lightning session for status reporting by those actively using or planning to use IA2.
- A discussion of the merging of MSAA/IA2 with UIA.
- Is there a need for this?
- Is continued alignment with ATK/AT-SPI still important?
- When is it needed?
- What are the technical challenges?
- What are the business challenges?
- What are the various solutions?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- How strong is the desire to accomplish the goal?