The Linux Foundation

 
Accessibility/IAccessible2/Minutes/20080527

From The Linux Foundation

IAccessible2 SIG Conference Call Minutes 2008/05/27

  1. Regrets: Mike Squillace
  2. Attendees: Pete Brunet, Jamie Teh, Janina Sajka, Andres Gonzalez, Mick Curran
  3. Last meeting minutes - approved
  4. AccProbe - Mike Squillace
    • 0.4.0 stability issues are being addressed. It will likely be released this week.
    • Mike asks that people use it and open bugs for bugs not in the current list of AccProbe bugs.
  5. IA2 version 1.0.2 readiness for review
    • Who should be notified of the RFC?
      • Jamie will post on the NVDA list
      • Pete will send a note to
        • Larry Weiss to notify the AIA
        • Marco to notify Mozilla
        • Andres to notify Adobe
        • blindprogramming@yahoogroups.com
        • AT vendors (Freedom Scientific, GW-Micro, Dolphin, Ai Squared, others?)
        • IA2 and ATK/AT-SPI lists
      • others?
  6. Issues raised by Microsoft
    • Pete sent a note to Norm Hodne of Microsoft asking if the approach to Issue 114 was acceptable. See the bug log for further details.
  7. IA2 object attributes
    • Jamie asked if Mozilla could enhance their support for the "formatted" object attribute, i.e. rename it to "display" and instead of just using the value "block", also use the full set of CSS2 values.
  8. Mozilla is implementing IAEditableText on just about everything, e.g. combo box
    • The following was received from Aaron Levanthal:
      • Basically anything can become editable in the DOM, We never know ahead of time what mutations an author will case.
      • Because the rules of COM say that the interfaces supported on an object must be static during the object's lifetime, we have 2 choices:
        1. Support every interface and use states or other things to show if the interface matters
        2. Tear down and create a new object when it needs to support a different interface
      • The Orca folks asked for us to lean toward #1, because it was harder to deal with objects being destroyed and recreated.
      • That said, I'm not sure that combobox would ever be editable itself. It might have an editable child. So that particular case might be a bug. But in general, check IA2_STATE_EDITABLE to see if something is really edtiable.
    • Pete pointed out that IAEditableText has the copyText method so it might make sense to implement the interface on non-editable text.
    • Jamie will followup via email.
  9. IA2::scrollTo - add an enum value not limited to an edge or corner
    • Alexander Surkov pointed out via email that FF3 already has SCROLL_TYPE_ANYWHERE. IA2 could add the same constant.
    • David Bolter suggested that we might also want a constant that causes the object and all its containing objects to be scrolled into view.
  10. Old NVDA items
    • Last year NVDA raised some issues which really are larger ATK/IA2 issues. We think these issues were raised via the Open A11y group in January. Jamie will review these issues to see if those are the issues he is referring to. Also, it was suggested that these could be reopened and discussed with Willie and Li Yuan at a call convenient to the US, China, and Australia.
  11. IAccessibleRevisionText
    • Pending response from Sun; Pete to query Willie.


[Article] [Discussion] [View source] [History]