From The Linux Foundation
IAccessible2 SIG Conference Call Minutes 2008/01/29
- Mike Squillace, Andres Gonzalez
- Pete Brunet, Mick Curran
- There are 13 panelists for the IA2 session. Eleven of them will speak, each for about 5 minutes.
- We talked about the out of process nature of NVDA. To bring NVDA up to operational level quickly Python was used. C++ is needed for in process performance so NVDA's virtual buffer support will be written in C++. In the future, NVDA could either be rewritten in C++ or could continue on with Python if IA2 provides support for out of process, e.g. by adding a new event mechanism to provide event context data with the event and a Collection interface. Adding a Collection interface would imply that the Collection interface be implemented in a collection component that ATs talked to out of process and which itself called IA2 application implementations in process. This would be a significant effort but in any event there is no reason why the event and collection mechanisms could not be designed and specified in IDL prior to any implementation.
- Missing constants when using a type lib
- This was added as issue 123