From The Linux Foundation
Minutes for 2007/07/10
- Aaron Leventhal (on vacation)
- Pete Brunet, Itoh-san (Takashi Itoh), Larry Weiss, Barry Feigenbaum, Janina Sajka, Cathy Laws, Andres Gonzalez
- Linux-Foundation news
- The IA2 IDL itself is ready to move forward as an ISO standard but the documentation is not ready yet. That effort will start in October.
- A Linux-Foundation face to face meeting was held at Google. Amanda McPherson asked if we'd like a blog set up. She'd even be willing to maintain it if we sent material to her.
- Andres asked that the documentation include a note that ATs should always attempt to use IA2, even for apps that they don't already know about.
- Version 2 of text attributes
- Input from Bill Smith: line-height-at-least is not of value and can be removed from the spec.
- Input after discussion with Rob Gallo: Remove num-format, num-prefix, and num-suffix and replace with a new attribute "prefix" which is the actual number or bullet or the word "graphic" with any prefixes or suffixes added.
- IAText:default Attributes
- ATK has this method, but IA2 does not.
- ATK also has an in parameter on the getter for attributes and the getter for default attributes which allows the caller to specify a subset of the attributes so the app doesn't have to gather up and present all the attributes each time.
- There is a discussion on the list about adding a new method to IA2 (and ATK) to fetch only the parameters which have changed from the defaults. This method would be a performance enhancement for both ATs and apps.
- Is there any work in progress to add such a method to ATK?
- AccProbe is part of AcTF (Accessibility Tools Framework). AcTF project proposal has been submitted to Eclipse.org as an open source project to be incubated within the Eclipse Technology Project.
- New Business