From The Linux Foundation
Minutes for 2007/06/26
- Pete Brunet, Mike Squillace, Itoh-san (Takashi Itoh), Larry Weiss, Barry Feigenbaum
- Structuring of tables - row objects as intermediate children (table, rows, cells)
- There were two proposals for the case where focus events are fired from cells:
- Larry: There needs to be a way to get the row and column indexes. This could be done using IA2::uniqueID. The table can map uniqueIDs to row/column indexes.
- Pete: Another possible option is that the AT senses a ROW object, uses indexInParent (CELL in ROW) as the column index, and uses indexInParent on the ROW object (ROW in TABLE) to get the row index.
- The latter approach has two problems:
- It won't work for tables with spans.
- Linux has no roles for ROW and COLUMN; this is a problem for multi-platform apps.
- The former approach will be documented.
- Proxy DLL
- The DLL needs to be built by a non-IBMer and published.
- The work is temporarily on hold through July.
- New Business