From The Linux Foundation
Minutes for 2007/04/10
- Pete Brunet, Michael Stewart, Larry Weiss, Itoh-san (Takashi Itoh), Barry Feigenbaum, Andres Gonzalez, Sueann Nichols, Cathy Laws, Aaron Leventhal
- Sample Client Implementation - Michael Stewart
- wrapping IA2 interfaces in Python; MSAA 100% done, IA2 about 20%; should complete by end of next week
- working on test app to make sure prototype code is working OK
- will talk to Carolyn MacLeod to get her feedback and after that we may have an idea of how the effort will roll out into the larger Eclipse effort
- Firefox - Aaron
- Alexander Surkov is working through issues; he has implemented part of IA2 and IAText and all of IAAction
- WindowEyes turned off their browse mode when QI of IA2 started working; they will fix this
- Sample Server Implementation - All
- Currently only Eclipse and Firefox are open source (not Notes 8)
- Eclipse is JNI code; not suitable
- Firefox code is complex but might be useful as a starting point; would have to eliminate the cross platform code
- Todo: What is viral nature of MPL?
- Larry: IA2 is used in cases where a developer wants to expose more than MSAA. IA2 is applicable to more complex implementations. Firefox, Notes 8, Eclipse are all complex apps and are quite different from each other.
- Andres Gonzalez: Snippets of code would be helpful. Not necessary to have a full working example.
- Other issues?