From The Linux Foundation
Minutes for 2007/04/03
- Pete Brunet, Itoh-san (Takashi Itoh), Larry Weiss, Mike Squillace, Janina Sajka, Michael Stewart
- Janina: LF charter text
- The draft language is pending input from Olaf Schmidt for an additional sentence.
- Janina met with Jim Zemlin, Rich Schwerdtfeger, and George Kraft to discuss Open A11y branding/identity.
- Inspect tool - Michael Stewart
- working on wrappers, learning about xulrunner
- aDesigner/RAVEn - Mike Squillace
- Starting with core and UI, then more components/features/plugins, e.g. support for msaa/ia2, java, and web and also reports generated into a database or XML or HTML.
- Core contains support for configuration and basic navigation.
- One tool when done with about nine plugins: core, accessibility plugin (support for msaa/ia2), etc.
- The RCP version will be for the inspect tool. It will have core plus the accessibility plugin.
- aDesigner/RAVEn EPL issue - Janina
- EPL is not compatible with GPL and it would be helpful to use the source in GPL projects. NVDA is GPL.
- Jambu is not decided yet between GPL and BSD.
- FSG (The Linux Foundation) suppports BSD, LGPL, possibly MPL (source) and binary only (Sun Solaris, IBM IAX).
- The IBM Eclipse team is ready to review the prototype that Larry and Barry have been working on.
- The prototyping work is moving forward daily, mostly on the example app.
- Eclipse 3.3 M6 includes support for QueryService which the prototype code depends on.
- Support for QueryService was added for when a peered control needs to forward a call to the peer.
- Other issues?