From The Linux Foundation
Minutes for 2007/01/23
- Pete Brunet, Michael Stewart, Mike Squillace, Barry Feigenbaum, Larry Weiss
- Neil Soiffer, Mick Curran (bad time for Australia)
- General discussion
- MSAA get role is used to fetch IA2 roles, need to document the issues
- localized ia2 role strings can't be passed through MSAA mechanism so ia2::localizedRoleName is used
- what happens when calling this method when the object uses an MSAA role?
- need more docs on IA2::extendedRole, i.e. they are for custom roles, not pre-existing roles
- need more docs on childIDs (but whether or not to use childIDs in IA2 methods needs more discussion)
- should an interface implement all methods - or is returning E_NOTIMPL ok
- need better docs on "no useful information" behavior, i.e. use HRESULT or returned parameters like 0, -1, "".
- For example, what if ia2::groupPosition is called when there is no group info?
- Is the usual MSAA practice to always use HRESULT as an indicator?
- For example, MSAA accNavigate and get_accParent will return S_FALSE if there is no object to navigate to.
- There is duplicate IA2 event. MSAA has EVENT_OBJECT_TEXTSELECTIONCHANGED and IA2 has IA2_EVENT_TEXT_SELECTION_CHANGED.
- Progress of the ia2 poke tool
- Michael Stewart is the developer
- attempting to use xul plus python for gui
- problems getting pyxpcom support compiled into xulrunner